Monday, May 13, 2013

What just happened?

That's a great question. What happened? Bruins fans have been asking each other that question since Toronto won game 5 and made it a series. Again I asked myself that question after game 6 and for the first time in the series it got uncomfortable. But we did have home ice advantage, and we did win the cup two years ago with pretty much the same team. So I still liked our chances. I was sure that whoever drew first blood would win the game and yes we did both of those things but it didn't seem likely in fact it seemed down right impossible. By the start of the 3rd period the Leafs were up 2 - 1 and had momentum. All we had to do was get even and quick. And even quicker it 3-1. At that point in the game I looked at my wife and said "that's it, we lost" I had already fired coach Julien, Traded Lucic and started looking forward to football season. And then it happened or started to anyways lucic set up horty to cut the deficit in half. Still we were down two goals. Then they pull Rask and get another back but come on. Nobody scores two goals with an extra attacker, if you get one the opposing team just ices the puck any chance they get to kill the clock if for no other reason. But not tonight with 50.4 seconds left in the season Bergeron does what we all knew would happen he tied the game. I almost hit the roof. When the horn sounded for the first time all night I was confident we were going to win. Back and forth we go chances for both teams but still I was confident. I could see through movement's and body language the Leafs goaltender was losing his. And all of a sudden "he scores, Patrice Bergeron wins the series for the Boston Bruins" Jack Edwards goes crazy along with the TD Garden and every bruins fan on the planet. Reimer (Leafs goaltender) layed face down stunned for at least 30 seconds and the rest of his team shaking their heads. The live shot from the air Canada Centre was also stunned hands in the air and jaws on the ground. What a game. What a night. What a series. Thank you Kessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment