Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tukka time

In his first season as the +bruins #1 goaltender Tukka Rask has lived up to expectations and then some. He's ranked. near the top of almost all the major categories for goalies. He's handled his emotions alot better than he has in the past with the exception of a few broken sticks but none the less he's carried himself in a way your #1 goaltender should. With that being said I have to be honest I still have some uncertainties when I look forward in this playoff run and I don't don't think I'm alone. Maybe its the lingering memories of a total collapse of a few seasons back when the bruins had a very comfortable 3 nil lead over the flyers only to have rask slowly let it slip away, or maybe its the way Tim Thomas stood on his head and almost single handedly delivered Boston its first Stanley Cup since the days of Orr and Espo. I'm not sure. When I ask other fans their opinion they can't pinpoint either. Everyone says the same thing #1 is the flyer series, #2 Tim Thomas, #3 his emotions. It looks like Rask is going to have to game by game prove himself to the Boston fans. I don't think its fair to compare him to Thomas because I don't Timmy himself could replicate his Con Smythe winning display of two seasons ago. I guess I'm not alone in feeling this way right or wrong. With some luck and a bounce of the puck here and there maybe just maybe we will come to appreciate Rask.

No comments:

Post a Comment